Saturday, November 22, 2008

care and cherish those around u

on friday people, i had 2 witness something no friend would want 2 see.. his friends funeral. yes as hard as the news of his death shockingly hit us all, me and my friends had 2 face another heart breaking step, placing our beloved friend in his final resting place. so yesterday morning we all gathered at his house, waiting for his body 2 arrive from perak. during that long n heart aching wait, all we could do was console each other and reminisce about the good times we had with arwah. there i came 2 know that i wasnt the only one who had a long and sleepless night.
after that the jenazah arrived, n then it hit me.. am i ready 2 see my friend in that state? should i go in n see him or should i just remember him for how he was? i didnt really made up my mind, but somehow i found myself making my way into the house along with all my other friends. n then i saw my beloved friend, lying there covered in white linen, leaving only his face 2 be seen by those who mattered 2 him. what struck me instantly as i looked at him was dat he seemed as if he was just sleeping (we were in an asrama u see, so i remember very well how he looks when hes asleep).he seemed calm. n at that point, tears were rolling down my face again. i couldnt help it. the fact that he looks like hes about 2 wake up, but at the same time knowing that he never will. all i could do was turn 2 my friends and just let each others presence take the pain away.
later, we moved 2 da cemetery. here we placed our friend in his final resting place where he will forever remain in peace. and just like that, my journey with a wonderful friend has ended, for the second time in my life.

yes i have lost a friend before, n that was in from 3. but sadly i didnt get the chance 2 meet her before her death because i was at home suffering from an injury i picked while playing sports.


after the lost of my friend imad, i cant help but sit n thinkwat if i lose another friend, or even worse wat if im next. i guess dat is y Allah took away such a nice person. because this is gods way of telling us 2 remember his presence, and dat anything can happen 2 anybody at anytime.

really people, all i can say is cherish those around u , be it ur family or ur friends. u may never know when will be the last time u will see them. u dont have 2 go and let them know everyday that u love them. just be nice to them and and always make sure u are there for them, even if it means a single phone call. we tend 2 regret not spending time with a person that we have lost. so make sure that u do all everything u can and not live with this regret one day.

im happy 2 have such nice and caring friends around me and that in recent times i have met more wonderful people through them.( yes im talkin bout u guys)

so if it means anything, i just want 2 say that u guys(all my friends) mean a lot to me and i will always care and cherish u guys in the best way i can.

p.s: dont hesitate 2 say the same thing 2 ur friends. especially those that u havent talked 2 in a long time.they will always welcome ur greeting.

No comments: